Alan Flyng

Alan Flyng
TWO ROLES - TWO FILMS - ONE EMPIRE!!!!! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT.

Monday 24 February 2014

Dale-Con 2 at the Wheatsheaf Shopping Center, Rochdale. 22 & 23 February, 2014




I thought it was about time I started posting on this blog again. This last weekend I was in Rochdale for Dale-Con 2, held in the Wheatsheaf Shopping Center and organised by the very excellent Martin Ballard.

Last year's event was the first and a great success. This year's built upon that success and brought in a great many more visitors to the shopping center than could have been hoped for. Indeed, the whole shopping center seemed to be 'in on the act'! There were appreciably more focused traders also attending and business looked to be brisk. The signers attending, headed by Danny John Jules from Red Dwarf, had a great time and my (our) thanks go out to Martin and Vicky for their superb organisation and entertainment!

Although I have not been in the best of health, I was very happy to be asked back and I must thank Charlotte, one of the helpers, for the diligent care she took of me. I had a bunch of prescriptions which she and her fellow helpers managed to get for me from around the town. Luckily, I was much better the second day and enjoyed the event greatly.

Having had my camera stolen some time ago, I am not able to post any photos of my own, so I recommend you go to the Facebook page for the event (https://www.facebook.com/events/650585661661035/?fref=ts) to see some of the photos posted there by attendees.

Although this is not much of a report, I hope you will support Martin in his future shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment